Saturday, May 10, 2008

Jehovah's Witnesses knocking -- it's SATURDAY MORNING, mofos!




I was trying to get an extra hour of sleep before I crawled out of bed to clean up and polish nails, etc., and head on over for mom's day brunch with my sisters and brother, and yeah, the religious sect with the worst boundary issues EVER comes knocking like they want to break my door down. They took off after my banshee yell of "NO THAAAAAAAAAAANKS" -- too late and a coffee cup too early to bust out on THEM with the Heart Sutra and ask them if they've met my lord Gautama Buddha; oh well, they show up next weekend and I'll have the Tibetan Book of the Dead ready and waiting by the door!

And so much for this "villa" apts' gates, gah...

In other news, busting out another post mainly for the sheer pleasure of watching it pop up on Google Reader ^_^ TWO fracking hours to bring that Frankenstein back to life! I over-analyze things, in true Virgo style. I peered at every bit of the blog's HTML trying to find HTML knots from the multiple times I re-burned feeds -- or whatever you call it. Also went scouring Google Help for clues. Turns out the problem was that, somehow, while effing around with the layout the first dozen times, I must have clicked into settings and somehow cut off part of the feed URL. Good times. OK, chipped nail polish doesn't wipe itself off -- laters!

7 comments:

Cynic with Flair said...

I love it - give them the Heart Sutra! Why can't the Jehovah's Witnesses understand letting things be, not barging into other people's space and forcing their views on others? If only everyone could understand Dharma, we'd be ok, and you'd get your coffee and your sleep!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day brunch regardless!

Letty Cruz said...

Exactly! And thank you, I did, and mom had a great time -- today is Mexican Mother's Day, and tomorrow is the U.S. one. She's celebrating tomorrow with my dad's older/boomer kids from his first marriage, whom she raised through their teenage years. So she gets 2 mother's days; she loves it of course!

AND happy Mother's Day to you, hot mama :D

Danny Haszard said...

Jehovah’s Witnesses are a cult because they try to cut you off from others who do not have the same beliefs, including family. Yes,you can ‘check out anytime you want but you can never leave’,because they can and will hold your family hostage.
The Watchtower is a truly Orwellian world.

The ‘message’ is their false Gospel that Jesus had his second coming already in 1914.The problem with this,is it’s not just a cute fairy tale, Jesus warned of the false prophets who would claim “..look he is here in the wilderness,or see here he is at the temple”
The Watchtower’s Gospel “kingdom” is a man-made “different version”.(Gal.1:8)
--
Danny Haszard born 1957 as a 3rd generation Jehovah's Witness

Letty Cruz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Letty Cruz said...

Wow. Glad you were able to free yourself from that, Danny. I googled the JWs a bit more and what you say matches the entries about who they are and how they operate. I also went to school with kids whose parents were JWs; one of them had to move in with one of her non-JW aunts because she got into a huge fight with her parents about it and it got physical.

And funny you mention what Jesus said about false prophets; seems all enduring faiths or spritual paths have this theme, for instance the "Buddha on the road" quote I linnked. Thanks for your input :)

Calder said...

All mothers should get two mothers days!!

Hope you are good Letty. Still running your butt off?? Smiles! I used to do the running thing big time back in my high school and college days and beyond. I did marathons and other distance races. Ran three or four times a day when training. Those were the days!! I ran over 25,000 miles in my running career... about one circumference of the earth. No wonder I am always tired...hehehe

We were out of town on a long weekend away and had a great time relaxing and spending time with the family.

(((Letty)))

Letty Cruz said...

(((((((((((BIGHUGBACKAYA)))))))))))))

I'm BEAT tonight at least, gorgeous night out, too, bright moon, ran-walked. Tomorrow I'm helping out at the voters booth at the street fair again, next day going to Mex about that case contact. GOD am tired just thinking about it! 'night!