Sunday, May 25, 2008

Gratuitous, totally unjustifiable post # 2



OK, maybe there's a little justification. I've grown up loving this song forever because of the voice and that awesome saxophone. Vaguely placed the style and sound in the 60s or 70s, but never bothered to look up it up till now. And always thought the vocalist was a woman.

It came on the radio driving back home, and I realized that I love it even more now because the lyrics describe part of what has happened to me and to some of my friends as we worked up the courage to speak up about, to be engaged with what's going on. So enjoy, all you radicals, you liberals -- how DARE you stand up for liberty ;)

2 comments:

John D. said...

You missed out on a lot of great cheesy, gawdy, fun, depraved, debauchery in the 70s - little cutie pie. : )

Letty Cruz said...

AAAAAARGH! So my aunts tell me! Love disco, too <3